2016 Calendar of Events
Smith River TU has a busy calendar for 2016 – We hope you join us for these fun, fulfilling and informative events. Check back here or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SmithRiverTU for updates and additional events/opportunities.
- March 3, Regular Meeting: DGIF Region II Complementary Work Force (CWF) Coordinator Bryan Pollard will give a presentation on volunteer opportunities with the CWF. He will be joined by DGIF Conservation Police Officer (CPO) Landon Foley who will introduce himself as the Henry County CPO and brief us on regulations specific to trout fishing.
- April 2, River Clean up: Concentrate on section from Papa’s Pizza downstream to bridge at Blackberry Rd. Meet at Trent Hill Canoe Ramp for instructions then move to Papa’s and beyond. Cook out and fishing after clean up. email@example.com
- April 29 – May 1, Group fishing/camping trip to Mt Rogers / Grayson Highland/ Grindstone campground area: Club pays campsite fees. firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 14, Blue Ridge Heritage Veterans Trout Fishing Event: We assisted with this last year and will do so again this year. Event takes place between Woolwine & Meadows of Dan just off the south side of the BRP. email@example.com
- May TBD, USACE Public Safety Day (Previously called Philpot Expo): Set up table with fly tying demo, casting demo, talk up SRTU. firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 20-22, Southeast TU Regional Conference in Roanoke: Local chapters are being asked to take visiting TU members fishing on Friday and Sunday. We are also invited to attend the meeting on Saturday. email@example.com
- June 2, Regular meeting: “Fishing the South Holston” Speaker TBA.
- June 3-5, Fish, Lie & Tie, Bassett Cabin: Modest fee for campers so we can have dinner(s) catered, supply food, etc., excess funds to the treasury. firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 13, Smith River Fest: Fly tie and casting demo, talk up TU. email@example.com
- September 1, Regular Meeting: “Brook Trout” Speaker TBA.
- September 17, “Fish with a Friend & Cookout”: Meet at Mirror Plant parking lot. firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 14-16, Group Fishing at Shenandoah National Park: Farmhouse rental and camping on farm site. Expenses prorated among participants. email@example.com
- December 1, Regular Meeting: “Health of The Smith River” report from VDGIF.